1. Why did you create Vivify?
There is a unique time right now to create something that has such a great purpose. To open up places for communities to meet, play and socialise, to generate much-needed revenue for venues and at the same time create a business with a team of people that really care.
2. When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
An accountant. My Dad was one and I wanted to follow in his footsteps.
3. What advice would you give to a 16-year-old you?
Work harder on you’re a-levels and your mum knows more about what you’re up to you think!
4. If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 things would you take?
Running trainers, peanut butter, my phone
5. What’s the best piece of business advice you’ve been given?
Forwards or backwards, there is no stand still.
6. If you had one extra hour of free time a day, how would you use it?
Spending time with my wife and kids
7. If you could change one thing in the world what would it be?
That my password worked first time when I login to a website.
8. Tell us something not many people know about you?
I used to be an alter boy and bellringer at church.
9. What is your superpower?
10. What is the number 1 aspect that you look for as a trait in all your employees when bringing them onto the team?
Ability to not be phased by, and overcome, obstacles.
11. What’s your most-used productivity hack?
Creating habits & routine (read Atomic Habits by James Clear), and using a Pomodoro Timer.
12. Where is your happy place?
Up a mountain at sunrise
13. What are you most scared of?
14. How do you unwind and switch off?
Running up mountains
15. Who do you find inspirational and why?
A relatively recent find, Simon Sinek. I love his insight, optimism and focus on the people aspects of leadership! He has a great podcast called ‘A little bit of optimism’