1. Why did you create Vivify?
Before and no doubt after the Covid-19 pandemic, physical and social activity is in decline. We will not stop until everybody in the UK is less than 1 mile away from facilities to help them live longer, more socially enriched lives to help improve the mental state of the nation.
2. When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
In school, I wanted to be a PE teacher. I loved the idea of introducing people to sport and physical activity. I learnt so much during my time playing sport at school, understanding what it meant to be part of a team, have responsibility and interact with other people. It was so much fun!
3. What advice would you give to a 16-year-old you?
Never underestimate the power of focus and determination.
4. If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 things would you take?
My wife and two kids! Too cheesy? Books, laptop and Football Manager (my guilty pleasure).
5. If you had one extra hour of free time a day, how would you use it?
Play with my children
6. If you could change one thing in the world what would it be?
I would want to eradicate the need to pick fault in something or someone that is different. Instead replace it with encouragement, belief and support.
7. What is the number 1 aspect that you look for as a trait in all your employees when bringing them onto the team?
Humility. Someone that is willing to do everything for the greater good.
8. What’s your most-used productivity hack?
Getting up early! By clearing the inbox, goal setting for the day and getting some fresh air, it sets the day up to be a special one!
9. Where is your happy place?
The lake district with the family
10. What are you most scared of?
11. How do you unwind and switch off?
Getting outdoors with the family. Fresh air, up a mountain, by a lake finished with a hearty pub lunch
12. Who do you find inspirational and why?
Cheesy but my Mum. She has faced adversity at every stage of her life, but she continuously sacrifices herself for others in the pursuit of creating a better world.